Call for proposals
13th Annual Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival
October 13-17, 2020 Amherst, Nova Scotia
The Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival is a much-anticipated annual event for quilters, rug hookers, knitters, spinners, dyers, felters and other fibre arts enthusiasts. Now in its 13th year, the festival traditionally runs throughout the five days following Canadian Thanksgiving.
Our dates for 2020 are October 13-17 and the theme for this year's festival is Weaving a Story. The festival will be a celebration of cultural connection through fibre arts.
Workshops and events must focus on rug hooking, quilting, knitting, crocheting, weaving, spinning, felting, dyeing, needlework, beading, basketry, quill work and other fibre arts. Factors considered when choosing workshops and instructors may include:
- Relevance to the theme "Weaving a Story". All cultures have a fibre arts history and we are interested in weaving these threads together, with a focus on the fibre arts heritage of Indigenous (Mi’kmaq, Maliseet), Acadian, Yorkshire, Black Loyalist, and recent immigrant communities.
- Popular new or advanced techniques for fibre artists
- Representation of basic or beginner techniques
- Proposed equipment and space needs
- Teacher experience / qualifications
To submit your workshop or event proposal, please click here. The deadline for proposal submissions is February 29, 2020.